I myself am not with me


I trained my galloping horses
to amble through the narrow lanes
I told my inside voices
to hush and kept them locked in chains

I abated the raging fire
to flicker in mere embers
with precepts I built a pyre
to kindle the sprouting desires

I caged my wandering mind
barring it from taking chances
tried to keep everything aligned
tuning in with all the circumstances

But who I did this for?
the question remains unanswered
I forced myself to the perfect core
and the purpose remains unserved

And now as I set them all free
the voices, all they do is whimper
The horses, they refuse to flee
and the fire has lost its vigor

Drugging yesterdays, paralyzing tomorrows
I struggle in between the devil and the sea
No matter how crowded, I'm lonely and low
'cause I myself am not with me.

Popular posts from this blog

We ain't got enough time

BFFs

Are we the darkness?