BFFs

Flipping the pages of my old crumbled notebook
I found those scrawny jokers
embellishing my crabbed hand
resurrecting old memories in my mind.

We were best friends; perhaps born 'besties'
"Un-goggled" nerds shouting out answers
From the back bench; pushed to the corner
By a fatso, engulfing two third of the area -a loner.

We were the princesses of our imaginary world
Where we had the perfect things and were the prettiest girls.
In the real world, we'd just sit whispering,with narrowed eyes and a frown.
Plotting to push our neighbour down.

Piles of grave secrets stuffed in our brain
We grew up, but the weirdness never waned.
It was the age when our brain confided in double meaning
And twenty four seven we fantasized about our prince charming.

We made new friends and never did we realize
that we were ending up in the opposite shores
Petty fights and mistakes and misunderstandings
Weakened us, piercing our hearts like stings.

But nothing dared to wreck our friendship.
Time ran fast planting new dreams and hopes in us
We parted ways in pursuit of our goals
And it was all then limited to a few phone calls.

But I can never forget you dear friend
You coloured the best days of my life
My thoughts never ceased to bear your name
You're my best friend forever and everything's just the same.

Comments

  1. poornima h pai3 July 2014 at 20:24

    Going through these lines I could see oua childhood as slides in my mind...im so happy n feeling proud to be yua frnd... luv yu dear..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God! that comment made my day.... Thank you so much...We were, are and will be bffs forever :)

      Delete
  2. poornima h pai3 July 2014 at 20:27

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poornima h pai3 July 2014 at 20:29

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do?

Are we the darkness?