Sun and the Moon

 

 

The moon told the sun
“wake up mate,
Come on make it quick
You are already late”
“oh! give it a rest,
My dear old friend;
Me being late,
The world’s not going to end."
“The lord of time!
Are you saying this?
I don’t believe it! 
Said the moon with a hiss.
 
“off I go then “
Growled the sun.
“but let me tell you something
Before I go on my run.
You look dark and gloomy
And out of zest.
Are you ill again?
Go and take some rest.”


   The sun strolled in the sky
All the day.
With his bright gaze
Shooed the clouds away.
After two long  days
The moon showed up.
The sun waved at him
“hey chum what’s up?
Back on duty
Just on time?
I wonder how you do it?
Without even hearing a chime!”
“habit" said the moon
Beaming at the him
He was back in health
But still very slim.
“The whole wide world
finds the time in me;
But the king of time
It’s you who shall be”
 
“No” said the moon
To these words of the sun;
“who can bring us all to light?
You, the only one.
you can’t do-
Without me you say?
But without you
I can’t even trace my way.”

Popular posts from this blog

We ain't got enough time

BFFs

Are we the darkness?